Grangemouth & Bo’ness CAB was established in 1974 and has become an integral part of the local community. The bureau is based in the Falkirk Council area with a population of over 145,000, of which Grangemouth has 18,000 and Bo’ness has 15,000.
Aims and principles
The principles of Grangemouth & Bo’ness CAB include to provide free, confidential and impartial information, advice and representation services for the citizens of the area regardless of race, gender, sexuality or disability.
As a member of the Scottish Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux, we have two aims:
- To help people understand their rights and responsibilities and to help them take action to solve their problems
- To work locally and nationally to change policies and practices that are the root cause of problems, preventing issues arising at source.
We provide advice and information on a range of subjects including:
- Money matters, including negotiation with creditors to reschedule debt
- Social Security and Child Support Tribunals
- Consumer Law for both goods and services
- Housing Law, environmental and neighbourhood issues
- Relationship issues
- Other legal matters which fall within our scope
- Public utility issues