We want to make it easy for you to get the help you need from the Grangemouth & Bo’ness Bureau. Here is how you can get in touch with us:
Advice in person
- Grangemouth Office
- Home visiting. If you have a health issue that significantly restricts your ability to travel, and we cannot deal with your enquiry by telephone or e-mail, we may be able to arrange a home visit. Please discuss this with your adviser.
Advice by phone
- Advice by phone is provided by Citizens Advice Direct (CAD) 0808 800 9060. CAD are a CAB that provides advice solely by telephone and is ideal for the more “straightforward” enquiry.
- Citizens Advice Consumer Service: specialist telephone service for problems relating to goods and services. Call our helpline on 0845 404 0506
- Contact us on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible and be prepared that we may have to get back to you to ask for additional information before we can advise fully.
- An alternative online resource is Advice Scotland, the online advice and information website delivered by Citizens Advice Scotland in partnership with Citizens Advice (England and Wales): www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland
Home visiting service
- If you have a health issue that significantly restricts your ability to travel, and we cannot deal with your enquiry by telephone or e-mail, we will try to arrange a home visit. Please discuss this with your adviser.
Widening the Safety Net for those with Mental Health Issues:
If you attend either Falkirk & District Association for Mental Health or Caledonia Clubhouse, then you can access specialist welfare benefits advice from our Project Workers based in these organisations. This is a project funded by The Scottish Government People & Communities Fund, and is aimed at minimising the disproportionate effect of the Welfare Reforms on those with mental health issues.
Help to Understand the New Pension Freedoms, Pension Wise:
The Government has made it easier for those age 55 and over to access their Defined Contribution pension pot. CABx are delivering the Pension Wise service to provide guidance that includes:
- what you can do with your pension pot(s) and the different options available
- things you need to consider e.g. tax and benefits
- practical next steps and things to think about before you decide
- how you can shop around to get the best deal and avoid pension scams
If you wish to know more, including those who are not yet age 55, you can ask for a Pension Wise appointment through your local CAB or phone the Pension Wise team on 0800 138 3944.